Nas Is Done Celebrating ‘Illmatic’: ‘Thank You for Appreciating That Record, But It’s Over’On October 19, 2019 by adopecookie
Nas is tired of celebrating ‘Illmatic’.
During an interview with Haute Living, Nas said that he was done celebrating the groundbreaking album once and for all.
“Twenty-five years is a lifetime. So I did another Symphony Orchestra show for Illmatic this year; I got another plaque for it,” Nas said. “I’m very grateful—it’s so crazy—but to celebrate one album when I’ve made over 10, all the things I’ve worked on—and I’ve been working for so long—to celebrate one album over all else is corny to me. I don’t want to celebrate another Illmatic anything. I’m done. Ladies and gentlemen, thank you for appreciating that record, but it’s over.”
Instead, Nas wants to put an emphasis on other facets of his life. The rapper spoke about his endless investments to Haute Living as well as his other passion projects.
“Maybe [I’ll open] a new level bookstore, maybe [I’ll do] Broadway,” Nas said. “I do three things at a time; that’s how I live. The next three things I do, I hope they’re more exciting than anything that I’ve ever done.”
In July, Nas released The Lost Tapes 2 featuring unreleased tracks, and more installments could be on the way. “As you can imagine, I’ve piled up a lot of songs since then,” he said. “So I got enough for a Lost Tapes 2 now. And a Lost Tapes 3 and a Lost Tapes 4.”
- Click to share on Twitter (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Facebook (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Reddit (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Tumblr (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Telegram (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on WhatsApp (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pinterest (Opens in new window)
- Click to share on Pocket (Opens in new window)
- Click to print (Opens in new window)